Before you configure the router, you will need an e-mail from Acanac with your account settings. They usually send it to you 2-3 days after you open your account and it will have a subject like "Your Soft Phone order at Acanac is ready". In the e-mail you will find your phone number, the password and the domain (the SIP server).
Plug in the router (power, a computer to one of the Ethernet ports, the modem to
the WAN port and a phone into Line 1). Wait about 60 seconds then open a browser
and enter the address http://192.168.15.1/Voice_adminPage.htm. The default
username is admin and the password is admin.
First, we'll adjust some of the
SIP parameters, so click the SIP submenu.
Change the following parameters:
(in the middle of the page)
- RTP Packet Size: 0.020
(at the bottom of the page):
- Substitute VIA Addr: Yes
- STUN Enable: Yes
- STUN Server: stunserver.org
Now click the Line 1 submenu
Enter the following settings:
(at the top of the page)
- NAT Mapping Enable: yes
- NAT Keep Alive Enable: yes
(about half way down on the page)
- Proxy: this is the Domain from the e-mail they sent you with the account settings. Something like 126.96.36.199 or voip5.acanac.com
- Register: yes
- Register Expires: 180
- Display Name: enter your name here
- User ID: this is the number that Acanac gave you, something like 6471234567
- Password: the account password, a combination of letters and numbers (it's in the e-mail they sent you with the softphone configuration)
- Dial Plan: use the following string (including parentheses)
That is all, click Save Settings at the bottom to save all the changes. The
adapter will reboot and after 2-3 minutes you should get dial tone and should be
able to place and receive calls.