This page discusses the VoIP settings for the D-Link VWR VoIP router. For the router settings, please consult the user manual available here.
Please note that VoIP.ms accounts have one main SIP account and zero or more SIP sub-accounts. The D-Link VWR is only compatible with the main account.
If you're not sure what the SIP server and credentials are for your account, please see this page.
Connect all the cables: power cord, the blue WAN port to your modem (or router),
your PC to one of the yellow LAN ports and a phone
into the green Phone 1 port. Wait a few seconds for the router to power up, then
open a web browser and type http://192.168.15.1
Login with username Admin and blank password
Click Admin on the top menu, then VoIP on the left
The first tab, SIP is very unlikely to need any changes. Please click on Line 1
Enter the following settings:
- Line Enable: yes
- Caller ID Number: enter your 6 digit VoIP.ms account number
- Caller ID Name: enter your name here
- User Name: enter your 6 digit VoIP.ms account number
- Password: your VoIP.ms SIP password
- Proxy Server: the SIP server that corresponds to the one you selected under DID Point of Presence (for example toronto.voip.ms for the Toronto server)
- Proxy Port: 5060
- Registrar Address: same as the Proxy Server
- Registrar Port: 5060 here
- Dial Plan: the default value is OK
- Voice Coding Profile (optional): the default value PCMU is for using
the g711 codec. If your VoIP provider advises you to use the g729 codec, enter
G729 in this field.
Click Apply to save the settings.
If you have issues dialing DTMF tones (such as dialing an extension after the
call is connected, or using calling cards), go to the Common Coding
and try different values for Digit Relay Mode (between 1 and 4)
To factory reset the adapter
To restore the device to factory defaults, go to Support (at the top) and
then System (on the left). Check the boxes that you desire (Provisioned
Parameters is for VoIP settings and Non-Provisioned Parameters is for router